This is custom heading element
The UNFO box contains an additional strap, a user manual, and the UNFO BRACE.
The use of UNFO BRACE is upon the doctor’s recommendation only.
The UNFO BRACE consists of three parts: The brace’s body, the cushion, and the strap.
The therapy is not painful for the baby.
The average therapy duration is between six to eight weeks of 24-hour therapy, and then, an additional six to eight weeks of overnight-only therapy.
The therapist is the only person to determine therapy duration, according to the severity of the case and the progress made during the therapy.
Installing UNFO Brace
Before the UNFO BRACE is installed on the baby’s foot, a sock must be worn. It’s very important for the sock to be 100% cotton, tight and folds-free. Folds might cause redness around their area.
Please follow carefully the following steps:
1. Before the setup, place the cushion as close as possible to the brace’s body.
2. After bringing the cushion and the brace’s body together, hold the foot and place the heel in its position directly. Hold up the toe fastener and insert the rest of the foot.
3. Make sure that the heel and the end of the brace have a tight contact, and that the whole foot tightly touches the bottom of the brace.
4. After inserting the foot into the brace, adjust the cushion so it’s in the center of the foot, aligned with the middle of the shin.
5. Embrace the foot and the cushion together tightly and avoid any void between the foot and the cushion, thread the strap and stretch it over the foot and the brace’s body. Don’t over-tighten the strap forcibly. Tightening the strap properly will ensure that the brace is fixed and won’t move away.
How to conduct the situation after the first installation:
During the first day, the brace must be removed every two hours for 10 minutes. The brace must be re installed again when the 10 minutes are over. During the first night, there is no need to remove the brace, unless the baby cries and no other reason for his crying was found. In that case, the brace can be removed for the first night only, and then set up again in the morning.
During the second day, the brace must be removed every two hours for ten minutes, until the evening bath. After the bath, the first-two-weeks protocol is initiated.
During the first two weeks, the brace must be set up 24 hours a day.
The brace must be removed only twice a day: In the morning, to change the baby’s clothes and socks, and in the evening, to give the baby a bath and to change their clothes.
Two weeks after the first Installation, you should visit the therapist, to run the first checkup (in any case, even if you could set up the appointment only after 3 weeks, do NOT stop the treatment before you visit the therapist).
Possible Side Effects
Flowing are three possible side effects of the therapy and how to deal with them:
Slight foot redness is very common and regular which requires no special treatment. If the redness is strong, it is recommended to put two pieces of medical paper Band-Aid on the red area and continue with the therapy regularly.
If bedsores or blisters appear on the baby’s foot, a problem that occurs mostly due to over-tightening of the strap or improper setup, then therapy must be stopped for about two hours.
Anti-irritation cream for the skin should be applied on the area, and then the area should be covered with a Band-Aid.
After two hours, therapy should be continued regularly. If things get worse, consult your therapist.
If the baby removes the brace from their foot, check if it was set up according to the instructions. If so, we recommend wrapping the brace 3 times, from the heel to the cushion, using a medical paper Band-Aid.